“A true inspiration! The turn to guide for the independent retailer in a world of giants. This book has made me look at myself as an independent retailer and my business from a different angle. I found Ian’s book informative motivational and a very pleasant read.”
Andy Lobb, Managing Partner
The Lampshade Warehouse Lighting Outlet
About the book
Drawing on his forty years of sales and business experience Ian launched his first book aimed at helping independent retailers to increase their turnover. David and Goliath, How Independent Retailers can take on the Giants and Win will take you through five crucial steps to help you to transform your business from an independent retailer to a specialist retailer.
Giant online retailers and national chain stores have an insatiable need to gobble up market share on an unprecedented level. In the meantime, smaller bricks-and-mortar retailers have become convenient showrooms for the internet giants, where customers can view and handle the products, seek the expertise of the staff, and then buy the exact same product online for a fraction of the cost. With higher overheads and fewer resources, how can you compete, thrive and build a prosperous business?
David and Goliath will help you to:
- Become the face of your business so that customers want to buy from you
- Increase sales turnover by becoming a specialist retailer and increasing your following
- Offer exclusive, curated products and services that the giants can’t match
- Attract the right customers with a powerful and compelling message
- Make more sales and reclaim market share from the greedy giants